RVTools is one of that FREE tools that can’t miss in the toolbox of every VMware vSphere administrator.
RVTools is a windows application that is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, Multipath info and health checks. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
The tool developed by Rob de Veij, in this days has reached the version 3.8
Below is the list of the new added features:
- VI SDK reference changed from 5.5 to 6.0
- on vInfo tab page new field: ChangeVersion unique identifier for a given version of the configuration
- on vInfo tab page new field: HA VM Monitoring status
- on vInfo tab page new fields: Number of supported monitors and Video RAM in KB.
- on vInfo tab page new field: Config status. Config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vInfo tab page new field: OS according to the VMware Tools
- on vTools tab page new fields: App state, App heartbeat status and Kernel crash state
- on vTools tab page new fields: Operations availability, State change support and Interactive Guest Operations availability
- on vHost tab page new field: NTPD running state.
- NTP issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vHost tab page new field: Config status. Config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vCluster tab page new field: Config status. Config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vDatastore tab page new field: Config status. Config issues are visible on the vHealth tab page
- on vSC+VMK tab page new fields: IP 6 Address and IP 6 Gateway
- all VM related tab pages now have a VM Object ID and VM UUID columns
- all VM related tab pages now have powerstate and template columns
- all tab pages. Now have a vCenter UUID column (= unique identifier for a vCenter Server)
- all VM related tab pages. The Custom Attributes columns are now ordered alphabetically
- all tab pages. A select is now a full row select so it is easier to follow the information across many columns
- bug fix: Refresh data issue on vRP and vCluster tab pages solved
- bug fix: Filter issue on vCluster tab page solved
- bug fix: On vInfo tab page the HA information was not filled with cluster default values
- bug fix: Content Libraries vmdk files are no longer reported as possible zombie files
- bug fix: msi installer sometimes installs RVTools in root of c:\ drive. This is solved now.
You can download the software directly from the Rob’s homepage