RVTools is one of that FREE tools that can’t miss in the toolbox of every VMware vSphere administrator.
RVTools is a windows application that is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, Multipath info and health checks. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
The tool developed by Rob de Veij, in this days has reached the version 3.6
Below is the list of the new added features:
- New tabpage with cluster information
- New tabpage with multipath information
- On vInfo tabpage new fields HA Isolation response and HA restart priority
- On vInfo tabpage new fields Cluster affinity rule information
- On vInfo tabpage new fields connection state and suspend time
- On vInfo tabpage new field The vSphere HA protection state for a virtual machine (DAS Protection)
- On vInfo tabpage new field quest state.
- On vCPU tabpage new fields Hot Add and Hot Remove information
- On vCPU tabpage cpu/socket/cores information adapted
- On vHost tabpage new fields VMotion support and storage VMotion support
- On vMemory tabpage new field Hot Add
- On vNetwork tabpage new field VM folder.
- On vSC_VMK tabpage new field MTU
- RVToolsSendMail: you can now also set the mail subject
- Fixed a datastore bug for ESX version 3.5
- Fixed a vmFolder bug when started from the commandline
- Improved documentation for the commandline options
You can download the software directly from the Rob’s homepage