Last week with a new KB article Veeam has released a new Guide titled “Veeam Backup & Replication: Unattended Installation”
This document responds to the needs of those who need to automate the installation process in large deployments and/or install Veeam Backup & Replication on one or several machines without having to respond to the installation wizard prompts.
The installation process can be performed in the unattended mode using the command line interface.
The Example below, extracted from the guide, install Veeam Backup & Replication with the following configuration:
- Installation log location: C:\logs\log1.txt
- No user interaction
- Path to the MSI file: E:\ Veeam\BU_x64.msi
- Installation folder: D:\Program Files\Veeam
- License file location: C:\License\veeam_license.lic
- Catalog folder: default
- Service user account: VEEAM\Administrator
- Service user account password: 1243
- Service port: default
- SQL database and database name: default
- Path to the vPower NFS folder: D:/vPowerNFS
msiexec.exe /L*v C:\logs\log1.txt" /qn /i "E:\Veeam\BU_x64.msi"
Here is the link to the download http://www.veeam.com/kb1833