Yesterday Veeam released the third update of their backup software, Veeam Backup and Replication. This build number is 184.108.40.2064. The major improuvements of this new update are the full support for VMware vSphere 6 Update 1 and Windows 10 as a VM or as a host for any Veeam Backup & Replication components.
Below you can find the list of the New Features:
- Support for Windows 10 as guest virtual machines (VMs), including application-aware processing.
- Support for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and all of its components on Windows 10.
- Support for vSphere 6.0 Update 1.
- Added ability to convert “VMware Tools not found” job warning to informational event. To enable this behavior, set DisableVMwareToolsNotFoundWarning (REG_DWORD) registry value to 1.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Log truncation is automatically skipped for stopped and unsupported SQL Server instances to prevent errors from being logged.
- Preferred network settings will now also apply to transaction log backup jobs.
- Support for SQL Servers using non-standard port number.
Veeam Explorer for SharePoint
- Support for ADFS authentication.
- Support for UPN credentials.
Here is the link to the download http://www.veeam.com/kb2068 with the Release Note and the full list of resolved issues.
Prior to installing this update please reboot the Veeam server to clear any locks on the Veeam services and when the reboot is done, please stop all the Veeam services and apply the update.
After installing the update, please start the Veeam services, open the console and allow Veeam B&R to update its components.
After upgrading to vCenter Server 6.0, due to vSphere 6 using new unique tag IDs, you must edit all existing jobs that leverage vSphere tags and re-add all required tags.